Skip to main content

THOUGHT OF THE WEEK: "IS THE STATE/ COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN REALLY THE BEST FIT FOR YOU?"



I was born and raised in Trinidad. I've had my visa since the age of 5, so I always traveled back and forth between New York and Trinidad as my biological father lives in NY. I finally moved to the United States at the age of 10 with my mom, brother and stepdad where we settled in Delaware (to be closer to my stepdad's family).

Delaware is the one in red.

Growing up in Delaware, I always felt as though my personality/ who I am, was way to big to be "stuck" in such a small state as Delaware (as though I was a celebrity or something lol). Then, I went to school in NY where I attended Long Island University, which was in the heart of downtown Brooklyn and I absolutely loved it!

I finally felt as though I was where I belonged. There was always so much to do unlike boring ass Delaware. After I graduated from LIU, I just bounced around working part-time gigs, since I was unable to find a fulltime job, but that didn't really matter to me, because I was in New York! "The concrete jungle where dreams are made of." (queue Alicia Keys voice). And I was "happy," or so I thought.

You see, I realized that something was missing, a very important factor. My family still lived in Delaware and all I had in NY were my college friends. And as I started to grow older/ mature, I came 
to the realization that it was time for me to make a change and get my life together (so, I could start paying my college loans). Believe it or not, at the very moment I decided to move back to Delaware. (I literally moved back home two weeks later).

And I'm not trying to brag or anything, but moving back to boring ass Delaware was one of the best things I could have done. Within a month of me being back home, I got a job! A fulltime one at that.
I was able to get my own car. I was able to go on vacation twice (traveled to Puerto Rico and The Bahamas). Started dating an amazing guy (Can't believe it's been year since we started dating). And six months ago I moved into my own apartment. It's been about a year and a half later and I'm still employed at the same place.

So to answer the question, yes I do believe that the state in which I live in is the right fit for me!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REMEMBERING THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.

Christopher George Latore Wallace better known as The Notorious B.I.G., was born on May 21st 1972 in Brooklyn, NY.. On March 9th, 1997 Wallace was killed by an unknown assailant in an apparent drive by shooting in Los Angeles, California.. He was 24 years old..    Today makes it fifteen years since the tragic death of the Notorious B.I.G. In his honor, I decided to include my top ten all time favorite songs from him.. R.I.P. to one of the greatest rappers ever.. We love you and you are truly missed..  My Top Ten Favorite Biggie Songs JUICY ONE MORE CHANCE MO Money, Mo Problems SKY'S THE LIMIT Get Money Hypnotize  BIG POPPA NOTORIOUS B.I.G. WARNING  NASTY GIRL Biggie with daughter T'yanna in the Juicy music video..  Biggie with wife, Faith Evans Biggie and Lil Kim..  Biggie and Puff Daddy (P.Diddy) T'...

TWENTY FIVE DAYS OF BLOGGING- DAY#23- YOUR PLANS FOR CHRISTMAS 2014?

This year we're going to do things a lot differently. My dad has to work 3-11, so I was thinking of doing a family breakfast. My mom and I will be cooking Christmas dinner. After dinner, we're going to head down to lower Delaware to visit with my baby cousins so we can give them their presents. We all work Friday, so we can't really do too much, but I do not mind spending the entire day with my family. What are your plans for Christmas?

Nicki Covers Cosmo's November Issue

I was very excited to see Nicki on the cover of Cosmopolitan’s November issue since I am a huge fan of hers.. I’m from Trinidad as well, so it is always nice to see a fellow Trinidadian that’s doing something great with their lives, as well as someone that’s a positive role model to girls all over the world.. In the article entitled  Meet The Real Nicki Minaj,  she opened up about her past struggles in life as well as contemplating suicide when things got tough..   “I kept having doors slammed in my face. I felt like nothing was working. It was just one dead end after another. At one point, I was like ‘What would happen if I just didn’t wake up?’ That’s how I felt. Like maybe I should just take my life.” I was very much indulged in the article, because I felt as though I learned so much more about her, like the fact that she is the first female rapper to have seven songs on the Billboard Hot 100 list.. Although there are a few critics out there that h...