Skip to main content

THOUGHT OF THE WEEK: CHRISTMAS



Christmas is a very special day, not only is it the birth of Jesus Christ, it's also my favorite holiday. For me, Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions. Family is very important and to me the holidays symbolize spending time with family,  it doesn't matter where, just as long as we are all together. Since my family and I are from Trinidad, it's especially harder because we hardly get to see the whole family, however we include our culture/ family traditions  in our holiday festivities. What are some of your family traditions? Such as baking a ham, making sorrel, making black cake and making ponche de creme( the Trinidadian spin on eggnog). Hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Be safe. 

Ponche de creme

Black cake/ Rum cake


Sorrel. The leaves are picked off the tree, then it is boiled and cooled, before the final product is made.

Baked Ham with Pineapple slices.

I do not own any of these pictures. They were only used for visuals. 



Comments

  1. Yum this is all so good!! Feliz Navidad! this looks like some of the things we make in my country Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico! i love to eat this delicious plates and the drinks are the best. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ! Feliz Navidad! I hope u had a great day with your family hunnie. Yes I love to eat too I'm such an fat kid at heart l0l.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

REMEMBERING THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.

Christopher George Latore Wallace better known as The Notorious B.I.G., was born on May 21st 1972 in Brooklyn, NY.. On March 9th, 1997 Wallace was killed by an unknown assailant in an apparent drive by shooting in Los Angeles, California.. He was 24 years old..    Today makes it fifteen years since the tragic death of the Notorious B.I.G. In his honor, I decided to include my top ten all time favorite songs from him.. R.I.P. to one of the greatest rappers ever.. We love you and you are truly missed..  My Top Ten Favorite Biggie Songs JUICY ONE MORE CHANCE MO Money, Mo Problems SKY'S THE LIMIT Get Money Hypnotize  BIG POPPA NOTORIOUS B.I.G. WARNING  NASTY GIRL Biggie with daughter T'yanna in the Juicy music video..  Biggie with wife, Faith Evans Biggie and Lil Kim..  Biggie and Puff Daddy (P.Diddy) T'...

TWENTY FIVE DAYS OF BLOGGING- DAY#23- YOUR PLANS FOR CHRISTMAS 2014?

This year we're going to do things a lot differently. My dad has to work 3-11, so I was thinking of doing a family breakfast. My mom and I will be cooking Christmas dinner. After dinner, we're going to head down to lower Delaware to visit with my baby cousins so we can give them their presents. We all work Friday, so we can't really do too much, but I do not mind spending the entire day with my family. What are your plans for Christmas?

Nicki Covers Cosmo's November Issue

I was very excited to see Nicki on the cover of Cosmopolitan’s November issue since I am a huge fan of hers.. I’m from Trinidad as well, so it is always nice to see a fellow Trinidadian that’s doing something great with their lives, as well as someone that’s a positive role model to girls all over the world.. In the article entitled  Meet The Real Nicki Minaj,  she opened up about her past struggles in life as well as contemplating suicide when things got tough..   “I kept having doors slammed in my face. I felt like nothing was working. It was just one dead end after another. At one point, I was like ‘What would happen if I just didn’t wake up?’ That’s how I felt. Like maybe I should just take my life.” I was very much indulged in the article, because I felt as though I learned so much more about her, like the fact that she is the first female rapper to have seven songs on the Billboard Hot 100 list.. Although there are a few critics out there that h...