Skip to main content

WHITNEY HOUSTON DEAD AT 48


Legendary singer Whitney Houston died today at the age of 48.. Here's how USA Today is reporting the story..

"LOS ANGELES (AP) – Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, erratic behavior and a tumultuous marriage to singer Bobby Brown, has died. She was 48.

Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unknown.
At her peak, Houston the golden girl of the music industry. From the middle 1980s to the late 1990s, she was one of the world's best-selling artists. She wowed audiences with effortless, powerful, and peerless vocals that were rooted in the black church but made palatable to the masses with a pop sheen.
Her success carried her beyond music to movies, where she starred in hits like The Bodyguard and Waiting to Exhale.
She had the the perfect voice and the perfect image: a gorgeous singer who had sex appeal but was never overtly sexual and maintained perfect poise.
She influenced a generation of younger singers, from Christina Aguilera to Mariah Carey, who when she first came out sounded so much like Houston that many thought it was Houston.
But by the end of her career, Houston became a stunning cautionary tale of the toll of drug use. Her album sales plummeted and the hits stopped coming; her once serene image was shattered by a wild demeanor and bizarre public appearances. She confessed to abusing cocaine, marijuana and pills, and her once pristine voice became raspy and hoarse, unable to hit the high notes as she had during her prime."


R.I.P. Whitney Houston.. Gone but definitely not forgotten..
Pictured with daughter Bobbi Kristina on Feb 9th.. 

She truly was one of the greatest.. 

With Bobbi Kristina..

Ms. Houston will definitely be missed.. RIP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REMEMBERING THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.

Christopher George Latore Wallace better known as The Notorious B.I.G., was born on May 21st 1972 in Brooklyn, NY.. On March 9th, 1997 Wallace was killed by an unknown assailant in an apparent drive by shooting in Los Angeles, California.. He was 24 years old..    Today makes it fifteen years since the tragic death of the Notorious B.I.G. In his honor, I decided to include my top ten all time favorite songs from him.. R.I.P. to one of the greatest rappers ever.. We love you and you are truly missed..  My Top Ten Favorite Biggie Songs JUICY ONE MORE CHANCE MO Money, Mo Problems SKY'S THE LIMIT Get Money Hypnotize  BIG POPPA NOTORIOUS B.I.G. WARNING  NASTY GIRL Biggie with daughter T'yanna in the Juicy music video..  Biggie with wife, Faith Evans Biggie and Lil Kim..  Biggie and Puff Daddy (P.Diddy) T'...

TWENTY FIVE DAYS OF BLOGGING- DAY#23- YOUR PLANS FOR CHRISTMAS 2014?

This year we're going to do things a lot differently. My dad has to work 3-11, so I was thinking of doing a family breakfast. My mom and I will be cooking Christmas dinner. After dinner, we're going to head down to lower Delaware to visit with my baby cousins so we can give them their presents. We all work Friday, so we can't really do too much, but I do not mind spending the entire day with my family. What are your plans for Christmas?

Nicki Covers Cosmo's November Issue

I was very excited to see Nicki on the cover of Cosmopolitan’s November issue since I am a huge fan of hers.. I’m from Trinidad as well, so it is always nice to see a fellow Trinidadian that’s doing something great with their lives, as well as someone that’s a positive role model to girls all over the world.. In the article entitled  Meet The Real Nicki Minaj,  she opened up about her past struggles in life as well as contemplating suicide when things got tough..   “I kept having doors slammed in my face. I felt like nothing was working. It was just one dead end after another. At one point, I was like ‘What would happen if I just didn’t wake up?’ That’s how I felt. Like maybe I should just take my life.” I was very much indulged in the article, because I felt as though I learned so much more about her, like the fact that she is the first female rapper to have seven songs on the Billboard Hot 100 list.. Although there are a few critics out there that h...