Skip to main content

NIKITA'S NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

As always each year around this time.. We all start thinking of different resolutions/ goals in which we want to acquire for the new year.. Some of us stick to our resolutions, while others(myself included) often start off sticking to our resolutions, but fall off once the new year progresses..  

Well this year I am doing it a lot different.. For one, each and every one of my resolutions have been thought out thoroughly and unlike my past resolutions, I intend on sticking to these.. So here are my top ten new year's resolutions for 2012.. 


1. GET A GOOD JOB- Self explanatory.. It's been seven months since I graduated with my BA and I am still unemployed.. So this new year, I'm definitely gonna grind a lot harder to find the job that's just right for me and that's all I intend to do, no if's, ands, or buts about it.. I'm going to give it my all to make sure that I achieve this goal.. 

2. WORK OUT MORE OFTEN- I always say this every year and I start off doing great, then I get lazy and stop.. But, this year this is really something I need to do and once I start, I'm not gonna stop.. 

3. NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS- Not only in terms of a relationship.. I'm also speaking about my goals and ambitions.. I'm not gonna settle for anything less than I need or deserve.. 

4. ONLY CHECK FOR THOSE WHO CHECKS FOR ME- In other words, being able there and/ or doing things for those who would do the same for me.. I've been too good of a friend to people, always being there for them when they needed a friend.. But, the minute you need something or somebody, no one is in sight.. 

5. SAVE MORE MONEY/ STICK TO MY BUDGET- I think it's perfect to start off the new year on a new foot practicing better saving methods.. 

6. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERYTHING I WANNA DO IN LIFE- Aside from my goals and ambitions, there are other things that I would like to accomplish in life before I die.. Sorta like a bucket list, but I wanna do these things while I'm still young and before I have children.. 

7. TRY NEW THINGS- In terms of expanding my horizons and not only sticking to things I know, but explore new things.. I always say I'll try a different restaurant every time I go out to eat, yet I always end up at the same place.. Mark my words, I'm switching things up in the new year!!

8. LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST- Life is way too short to hold onto any meaningless drama.. I stopped holding grudges against people, because honestly it takes up too much time and energy.. And quite frankly I'm too old for the bullshit.. So, I'm just gonna go all out in life and live it up like it's my last!

9. BE ON TIME- This is a big one for me.. If you know me, you know that I am rarely on time to anything.. I'm well aware that it is a very bad habit and I am not proud of it at all.. I've definitely been trying my best and have gotten a lot better.. But, I will continue to work on it.. 

10. WAKE UP EARLIER/ GO TO BED EARLIER- If you know, you know that sleeping is one of my absolute favorite things to do.. If I wanted I could sleep all day (literally).. I also have the ability to stay up all night, I'm such a night owl it's insane.. These are also bad habits of mine that I have been working on to make better.. And believe me when I say, I have improved tremendously.. I am also gonna continue to work on this one as well.. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REMEMBERING THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.

Christopher George Latore Wallace better known as The Notorious B.I.G., was born on May 21st 1972 in Brooklyn, NY.. On March 9th, 1997 Wallace was killed by an unknown assailant in an apparent drive by shooting in Los Angeles, California.. He was 24 years old..    Today makes it fifteen years since the tragic death of the Notorious B.I.G. In his honor, I decided to include my top ten all time favorite songs from him.. R.I.P. to one of the greatest rappers ever.. We love you and you are truly missed..  My Top Ten Favorite Biggie Songs JUICY ONE MORE CHANCE MO Money, Mo Problems SKY'S THE LIMIT Get Money Hypnotize  BIG POPPA NOTORIOUS B.I.G. WARNING  NASTY GIRL Biggie with daughter T'yanna in the Juicy music video..  Biggie with wife, Faith Evans Biggie and Lil Kim..  Biggie and Puff Daddy (P.Diddy) T'...

TWENTY FIVE DAYS OF BLOGGING- DAY#23- YOUR PLANS FOR CHRISTMAS 2014?

This year we're going to do things a lot differently. My dad has to work 3-11, so I was thinking of doing a family breakfast. My mom and I will be cooking Christmas dinner. After dinner, we're going to head down to lower Delaware to visit with my baby cousins so we can give them their presents. We all work Friday, so we can't really do too much, but I do not mind spending the entire day with my family. What are your plans for Christmas?

Nicki Covers Cosmo's November Issue

I was very excited to see Nicki on the cover of Cosmopolitan’s November issue since I am a huge fan of hers.. I’m from Trinidad as well, so it is always nice to see a fellow Trinidadian that’s doing something great with their lives, as well as someone that’s a positive role model to girls all over the world.. In the article entitled  Meet The Real Nicki Minaj,  she opened up about her past struggles in life as well as contemplating suicide when things got tough..   “I kept having doors slammed in my face. I felt like nothing was working. It was just one dead end after another. At one point, I was like ‘What would happen if I just didn’t wake up?’ That’s how I felt. Like maybe I should just take my life.” I was very much indulged in the article, because I felt as though I learned so much more about her, like the fact that she is the first female rapper to have seven songs on the Billboard Hot 100 list.. Although there are a few critics out there that h...